We’ve listed some frequently asked questions below. If you have a question that doesn’t appear on here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will to get back to you as soon as possible.
- When will my order be dispatched?
- Usually we will dispatch your order the next working day. As this is a one woman show, all the packing happens when the kiddo hits the hay. If we have a significant amount of orders we may dispatch on a Saturday, otherwise it will go out on Monday as usual.
- Who do you use to deliver your orders?
- We generally use Royal Mail First Class Signed For. Other delivery methods may be arranged at the buyers request.
- How long will delivery take?
- Royal Mail First Class Signed For aims to get your items to you on the next working day after being posted (depending on the time of year). Please note orders dispatched on a Saturday will take an extra day due to the Post Office being shut on Sundays.
- Do you offer international delivery?
- Yes, we are now offering international shipping, for both the EU and USA. International delivery usually takes between 3 and 7 working days, but can take up to 21 working days depending on where you are. As Mother Lode UK is based in the U.K, if you live in a country where duty is payable on goods sent from the U.K, please note that this is not included within the cost of the item.
- What is your returns address?
- If you would like to make a return or exchange, please email us at email@example.com and we will send you a postage label. As we are a small company, it will be your responsibility to pay the cost of return postage.
- How long do I have to return my item?
- We offer a 28 day returns policy for unworn items returned in good condition.
- How do I get a refund?
- Please send your item(s) using the returns label sent to you on request, filling in the bottom of the dispatch note to tell us clearly that you would like a refund. If you no longer have the dispatch note, please include a note of your: name, order number, and that you would like a refund.
- How can I get my item(s) exchanged?
- Please send your item(s) using the returns label sent to you on request, filling in the bottom of the dispatch note to tell us clearly which item(s) and size(s) you would like to have as an exchange. We will then swiftly exchange for any other item(s) (stock permitting). If you no longer have the dispatch note, please include a note of your: name, order number, and item(s) and size(s) you would like to have as an exchange.
- What postage method should I use?
- If you choose to return to an item to us then you will need to pay for the return postage – as we are a small business. We recommend using registered post to be sure it arrives with us! That is, unless you were sent an incorrect item or a faulty item (see below). However, we dispatch exchanges free of charge back to you.
- How long will it take to process my return?
- Once your item has arrived back with us, your exchange or refund will usually be processed within 72 hours (working days Monday – Friday). Please bear with us during busy holiday periods, as it may take slightly longer.
- How long will it take for the money from my refund to be credited to me?
- Your refund will usually be processed within 72 hours of receiving your return. The length of time it takes to credit your account depends on the refund method, so please refer to the your card issuer’s or PayPal’s terms for further information.
- What should I do if I was sent an incorrect item?
- From time to time mistakes can happen, but we do our best to sort them out quickly. If you have been sent an incorrect item then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your order number in the email.
- What if my item is faulty?
- If you have received a faulty item, please contact us at email@example.com including your order number, and we will advise you on how to proceed. Usually we will ask you to send the faulty item back to us and we’ll pop a replacement in the post to you ASAP.
- Who pays for the return postage for incorrect items and faulty items?
- If you are returning incorrect items or faulty items, we will reimburse you for the postage cost. Please use 2nd class post (not signed for, special delivery or a courier) and always get proof of postage and a receipt.
- I am returning an item from outside the EU, how should I do this?
- If you are returning item(s) from outside the EU please make sure that you include “Returns Department” in the address and declare the goods as returns to the postal company. Doing this will make sure that your return isn’t delayed at UK customs.
Order Amendments or Cancellations
- How can I cancel or amend my order before dispatch?
- If you wish to cancel or amend an order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; include your order number in your email. Please do this as soon as possible so that we have the best chance of catching your order before it is shipped. We can’t guarantee that it will be possible to cancel/amend all orders in time, in which case, please see the Returns FAQs.
- How can I contact you if I need assistance?
- If your questions weren’t answered by our FAQs, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll aim to help you within 12 hours Monday – Friday. We do not offer customer service on the weekend because we’re a small business and this is time off to spend with our families, but we’ll get back to your question on Monday.